TN State Government Sick Leave Bank (SLB)
In 1988, the Tennessee General Assembly enacted legislation to form the Employee Sick Leave Bank. The Bank provides sick leave to qualifying member employees who are unable to work as a result of a personal illness, injury, disability, medical condition, or quarantine. There are approximately 20,000 active members in the Sick Leave Bank. Open enrollment for the Sick Leave Bank begins each year on August 1 and runs through October 31. By donating four (4) days of sick leave at the time of enrollment and one (1) day of sick leave annually, a qualifying member may receive a maximum of ninety (90) days from the Sick Leave Bank as a result of a personal illness, injury, disability, medical condition, or quarantine.
- Am I a member of the Sick Leave Bank?
- How do I enroll in the Sick Leave Bank?
- How do I cancel my membership in the Sick Leave Bank?
- If I decide to leave the Sick Leave Bank, may I get my donated sick days back?
- How many sick days do I need to be eligible to join the Sick Leave Bank?
- Where do I find more information on the Sick Leave Bank?